Thursday, December 22, 2005

Rock and Roll McDonald's

Wednesday December 21, 2005 by Ben, intro by Beau



It's 1:30 AM and you know what that means, time for a recap of the day via the studio blog. Today was the first day we made it in to the studio on time thanks to Eric taking charge from Vince on getting everyone up. Luckily we started off with Ben on rhythm guitar so I could take a delicious nap. When I awoke, great progress had been made, which brought me joy. I then vaulted into action thanks to a delicious "Vault" beverage from our friends at Coca Cola. 15 and half hours later and we're done. We got a lot accomplished and are heading into tomorrow looking like we'll finish up all the guitar rhythm tracks as well as all the bass tracks. Now to Ben for the thorough recap. I'm gonna have a nightcap and head to bed.

Today started off quite sluggish at 10AM. Plans for an early sleep the previous evening were thrown out the window as the band deemed it a necessity to cut loose exceptionally hard. Following a night of booze and assorted antics, we staggered to our local McDonald's for a hearty breakfast, and headed to the studio.

Upon arrival at the studio, I began to lay down my rhythm tracks for "Thrash1" but got frustrated and ended up letting Eric cut his tracks first so I could wake up. Several hours, a lunch break, and many cigarettes later, the rhythms for "Thrash1" and "intro" were completed.

Anthony, who had not had a break in the action for a solid week, headed home for the evening around 7PM for well-deserved rest, and the band decided to stick around and push on. Vince took the reins and ran the session until the wee hours of the night. Beau laid down his bass line for "Thrash1" first. Here is a photo:



Next, Eric began cutting the rhythms for "epic":



While Eric was shredding away, I hyped myself up with an intense game of Quake III:



That's all from the Ben-meister. Z-ya tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home